Retractions

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Baptist Joint Committee

The Baptist Joint Committee frustrates me. Perhaps this is what this organization should do. I value religious liberty. I appreciate having voices that carefully consider the potential implications of legislation for religious life in America. My concern and frustration is that I am not convinced that they carefully consider the implications. I could support the BJC. But every time I see or read the activities of the BJC I get frustrated. I think what frustrates me the most is that in almost any of their current issues on which they advocate, I can predict with just about 100 % accuracy which side they will be taking, not by knowing the merits of the particular case, but just by seeing who is on which side. The BJC 100 % of the time, it seems, with the ACLU. Why not just support the ACLU?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home