Retractions

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Imagination and sanctification or why poetry can be a bad thing

I like poetry. I do not know how to put my finger on what it is I like about it. I feel about poetry kind of like I feel about America’s Funniest Home Videos if you don’t get it, I can’t really explain it to you. Poetry is powerful. And that is not necessarily a good thing. Poetry is a creative endeavor. Creative endeavors shape reality. One is mistaken to relegate creative endeavors merely to the domain of artistic expression. Creativity provides the foundation for every aspect of our life from technology, to economics, to governance, but most importantly to our sanctification. The ability to create something that previously had no existence is dependent upon our imaginative power. Imagination is not neutral. Imagination is not an additional sense humans have developed. Imagination is an innate human ability that is either good or bad. When we use our imagination for vanity we corrode our ability to imagine what is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home